I’m fairly easily pleased, so I thought I might make a wee list of things that put a daft smile on my face:
My boyfriend, who in the very corniest way possible, is my absolute world.
- Long phone calls with the people in my life who matter
- Having my hair played with, I’m an absolute sucker for it. I’m useless against it!
- Getting really involved in a video game’s storyline.
- When said game includes the ability for my character to set things on fire.
- Going out for dinner somewhere new, trying new foods from different countries.
- Edinburgh’s Royal Botanical Garden, it’s absolutely beautiful.
- Men with strong regional accents that are different from mine, particularly Spanish men speaking English.
- When people are obviously talking passionately about a topic.
- Although it causes havoc with my hand, I love writing letters and making handwritten lists.
- Wearing glasses.
- Essentially letting everything hang out with a very good friend, just relaxing at her flat, speaking crap, drinking tea, and watching terrible TV.
- Receiving “snail” mail. Eagerly opening envelopes and seeing what’s inside.
- Tea. Although I drink mine basically half cold.
- The colour green.
- Watching a veritable fuckton of TV. Favourites including Cougar Town, Bones, How I Met Your Mother, Being Human, The Chase, and so many others.
- Additional to the last one, I love the British sense of humour. Monty Python, Blackadder, The IT Crowd, Black Books to name but a few.
- All of my (not really) guilty pleasures.
- Long hugs.
- My family, although they’ve been mentioned pretty low down in this list, I love them dearly.
- Duvet/pyjama days.
- Really long texts, although my phone can take days for the full length to come through.
- Men’s hoodies and t-shirts, they’re so bloody comfy!
- The fact I always have room for dessert.
- Having a really long shower in one which has a lot of power behind it.
- Pear cider.
- My iPod, I very well may die without it over the next few weeks.
- Rediscovering movies I loved when I was a child (most recently, Thumbelina).